Monday, July 11, 2016

#57 Golden Girl

So we've got an investigator who just Rocks! She's golden.  Her name is Susana and I looove her!

 We stop by her store everyday to chat for a few minutes and she is ALWAYS, without fail, reading on her tablet from the church library app a conference talk, or from the scriptures. Last week she started and finished the Pearl of Great Price and thinks that Moses just blows Genesis out of the water. How cool is she! She's had a few baptism dates now that have fallen because she wasn't ready yet or because she was passing through difficulties, but we have full confidence that she will get baptized. She wants to get baptized with her two children, Eduardo and Claudia. Eduardo is 10 years old and at first did not want to get baptized because he was afraid of the water, but now he's all for it if he can wear white socks so that the people won't see his feet. We told him that we are just fine with that.  Her daughter is Claudia. She's 19 and she's a little less excited. We're having some problems with her and we hope that we can help her to come to the knowledge of the truth of the gospel. We hadn't known what to do lately, because Susana won't get baptized unless it's the three of them.
Well last week, Eduardo got sick. He's got asthma so he gets sick really easily. We've told Hermana Susana about priesthood blessings and she said that she'd like Eduardo to have one. So we set it up with the Elders and we went over to give her a blessing. To our surprise, Claudia was to receive one as well because she has the same problem. So elder Huallparuca and Elder Lopez gave her a blessing. And the words that were said literally were the words that she HAD to hear. The words she NEEDED to hear. We didn't tell the elders anything about Claudia, we didn't even know that she would be there. But because the power of God is so undeniably real, he communicated the things to her that he wanted her to know. And it was incredible. I was so grateful to be apart of the experience. 
Now we haven't seen Claudia since that day, so we don't know if it's had an impact on her or anything. But I trust that it's something that will change her life. Because it changed mine. I am so grateful to know that we have a God who loves us enough, who trusts us enough, to give us his power so we can feel of his love and power even more. How incredible, no?
 
Well that was my favorite experience of this week. Nothing really funny happened this week...
OH WAIT!

Last night I was picking up dinner from my pensionista's house. She told us it would be Aji de Gallina which is a chicken dish that is AMAZING and I'm going to have to learn how to make it, but they only make Aji de Gallina when tourists come to there house. So we figured we be seeing a bunch of gringos in their house which isn't anything out of the ordinary, so we walked in. But was it just an ordinary tourist? no! It was ELDER MONTOYA! Who is in the area presidency! And I had no idea who he was!! I walked in and I saw them and just smiled and then Hermana Vickey says "Sisters, this is Elder Montoya." I was just like "Oh! I'm sorry! How are you?Good night!" just a wreck. Then I went and hid in the kitchen. And then when it came time to say goodbye, I went and shook his hand and said "Nice to meet you! Good night hermano! Wait no! I mean Presidente! Oh no wait I mean.... what's your title??" And Hermana Vickey once again "ELDER hermana! Elder Montoya." And yeah. Mortified myself. It was fun.
If you walk into your pensionista's house and find yourself with an area 70, please don't do what I did. Learn from my mistake.

That is all!
Hermana Rust


That's Hermana Susana with Eduardo and Hermana Borja when she was ending her mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment