Monday, June 6, 2016

#52 A picture is worth a thousand words. So here's like... 10.

This is probably going to be a very short email because I'm really short on time, but I'd just like to send a couple pictures because I don't think I have done that since Machu Picchu. So I think this is going to be a picture email. I'm just gonna send pictures now ok? Love everyone! 
Hermana Rust! 

 I cut my hair today! My hair was soooo gross that everyday my companion would tell me that I had better do something about it because it was so ugly. Like my split ends. So I chopped it all off! And that's Hermana Stickle there in the back. She never smiles. 

That's a wall that I found. It says above it "Club Friendship". And I think that is utterly inspiring. 

 This week we went to visit an investigator and when she answered the door.... she was a little tipsy... So she invited us in, which now, in hindsight I guess the proper thing to do would have been to politely decline and come back when she was sober, but ya fuimos. And so she took us to her living room, gave us a plate of  food to eat, and went back to drinking. It wasn't one of our most 
effective appt.
These are cute old people we teach. They are both deaf and legally blind and so we just shout at them during the lessons, but in our last lesson they told us about their lives. he's 86, she's 84, they started living together when he was 16 and she was 14 and literally haven't left eachother's sides for the past 70 YEARS! So mom and dad, I know you just completely 35 for which I am very happy for you two!  Now just 35 more to get on Honorato and Fransisca's level. Si se puede!  

Here's the picture from concilion that I was going to send like.... 3 weeks ago. Time escapes me. 

 I've been teaching Hermana Borja how to cross her eyes because it seems to me that NO ONE in south america knows how to do it. Her eyes shake a little when she does it and it kinda scares me, but she's getting better. 

We found a teetertotter. And decided to try it out for a second. But Hermana Borja got scared. So it was literally just a second. 

Cusco pizza is not the best pizza... but it's a lot better than Puno Pizza. 

 So this waaaaaas our district like two weeks ago, but we had transfers. There's (starting from the back left) Elder Laso, Elder Huallparuca, Elder Cuba (he was in my ward when I started in puno), Elder Graham (He just finished his mission), Elder Mateo and Elder Chang. In my district now, there's only Elder Huallparuca. All the others had transfers to other district.

These are fish eggs that my companion ate. I had to buy her a powerade after it because she almost threw up but it was worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. Holly I love all the pictures. Yes they tell the story! You are darling and I am inspired by reading your messages each week. Onward, ever onward. Love you much! ---Sis. Jacobsmeyer

    ReplyDelete