Wednesday, September 16, 2015

#16 Floating Islands... and stuff!

Before we get rolling, I gotta give a special shoutout to my main Overton second ward family and RM de mision Cusco! The family is the Noto family! I hope they read this on facebook... But they are so great they sent me a package with a bunch of little treats and cute little quotes to go with them and it was just kinda the best day ever!!! And they sent me a Big Hunk which is probably my favorite candy ever so thanks so much for that!!! Love you Notos! Also Alyssa Ramos is kinda the sweetest girl out there. She's been sending my packages throughout my mission and they have been super sweet and I just love her! I love you Alyssa!! So yeah, special shoutouts.

So you know those floating Islands in lake Titicaca made only out of reeds? Yeah, totes went to those this past week. And they are even more legit than you think. Because they are literally just piles of reeds! That people live on! Like what? And they are bouncy!! So they are living their lives literally on a trampoline... all day. I am eternally jealous and a little bit grateful that that isn't my life... I'm torn. (nothings fine I'm torn. That's for Beebz and Ansley.) So yeah we went to do service and the service is picking up the houses... and moving them. Like we literally picked up the houses... and moved them. So that was something knew. I've never picked up a house before, and let me tell you, its not easy. And with one of them, we had to put the house on two boats and sail it to the other side of the island. One of the elders fell in the water. It was a good day. I'll send pics. 

Also this week, we had our interviews with President and Sister Harbertson. Holy Hannah Montana I love them. Like it was such a cool experience and they both talked to me about the things that I needed and gave me great advice. I love them so much!!! So cool.

Well I'm running short on time and I still want to send pictures so we're gonna end here. I love you all, the Church is true, and Heavenly Father loves us! How great do we have it?! hope all is well and the next time you hear from me, I will be officially done with training and I will be a real life missionary!!! 
Holla at your Hermana! Love you all!
Hermana Rust

selfie with floating islands. #basicwhitegirl

Floating islands and Hna G's camera 



I look bald, but tha'ts me, Hna McMahon, and Hna Baker. We're eating on a island made out of reeds! Who can even say that! Oh wait. I can. 

Once again bald.... but Hna Gonzalez, Hna Mendez, y yo!! Also on the islands. 

And finish off, that's a giant puma that we hiked too last week... its like the condor, just suuuuper cooooler!   

1 comment: